Supporting the Work of The National Archives
The Friends of The National Archives support The National Archives to look after more than 11 million documents of national, cultural, academic and historical importance. We also help create a greater public awareness of these documents.
We provide funding towards many document, education and outreach projects at The National Archives. The National Archives relies on the support of the Friends to fund many important projects, that would otherwise not go ahead.
Join Us as a Member
If you’ve benefitted from using The National Archives for study, family history research, or even to visit a free exhibition, please consider joining us as a member.
For just £30 a year, this is a great way to give back to The National Archives and its important work. As a thank you for joining us, you will receive a range of great benefits, including:
- 20% discount in The National Archives bookshop (at Kew and online)
- Behind-the-scenes tours at The National Archives
- Special members’ only events
- Magna, our members’ magazine
- Access to our Members’ lounge at The National Archives, Kew
- Online Members’ area: magazine and newsletter archive, blog, forum and other publications
Independent of The National Archives, the Friends is run by committed, enthusiastic volunteers, and overseen by our Board of Trustees. We are a self-funding charity and rely on subscriptions from our Members and generous donations or legacies to support our work.
Membership of the Friends of The National Archives starts from £30 a year. All proceeds go towards supporting the work of The National Archives.