Already a member? Please click here to renew or update your details in the members portal (VeryConnect).
- 20 per cent discount on purchases in the bookshop at Kew and online
- 20 per cent discount on charges for events run by The National Archives
- Special members’ only events including behind-the-scenes tours at The National Archives
- Behind-the-scenes visits to historic places and collections
- The 48-page members’ magazine Magna is published twice a year (May and November)
- Access to our dedicated members’ lounge at Kew (For the duration of the pandemic the lounge will be a shared space, open to all visitors to the archives to increase the capacity for social distancing, until regulations change and the situation returns to ‘normal’.)
- Members’ area on this website for access to our magazine and newsletter archive, blog, and other publications
To join as a Member please click here
For more information, please click on the links below:
- What we do
- For a list of TNA projects that have been funded by the Friends in 2021, click here.
- Outreach, our newsletter, is suspended for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19, and news and updates can now be found from the updates link at the top of this page. The latest issue of our newlsetter was February 2020. Previous versions of the newsletter can be found in the newsletter archive.
The new 2022 TNA bookshop code for members’ to obtain their online bookshop discount, is now available on the Publications page within the members’ area of this website.
The Friends’ Legacy leaflet was updated in July 2021. A copy is now available here.
All members should read our letter regarding the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) Act 2018 in the members’ area here.
On the Publications page you will find the current edition of our magazine, Magna, and past electronic copies (pdf) from 2011. Our newsletter, Outreach, is no longer published, but there is an archive of past copies from edition no.1 (November 2013). There is also a blog about the work and activities of the Friends. Recordings of many past online talks are available, where the speaker agreed to being recorded, and a variety of interesting podcasts and individual articles showcase the wide range of material held in The National Archives. Any specific membership questions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a shared members’ area so we welcome suggestions and ideas about how it can be developed with other features that could be included. Please contact: email@example.com
Bookshop Discount Code for use from 1 January 2022 to 1 January 2023
Please note: The new 2022 TNA Bookshop code is available on the Publications page and will enable members to obtain their 20% Bookshop discount online and in the Bookshop at Kew. If shopping online, this code needs to be entered at the checkout in the discount code box and will provide a discount of 20% on all items (excluding postage and coins and some academic publications). If shopping in person, members will need to write the code on the back of the bookshop receipt when purchasing items at Kew. Members will need to provide the Bookshop with the code on each purchasing occasion.
Click here for a Gift Aid Declaration form.
Having problems logging in to the Members Area? Click here.