How we look after your information
When we ask for personal information we promise:
• to make sure you know why we need it
• to ask only for what we need, and not to collect too much or irrelevant information
• to protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
• to let you know if we share it with other organisations to give you a better service – and if you can say no
• to make sure we don’t keep it longer than necessary; and
• not to make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission.
In return we ask you to:
• give us accurate information; and
• tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address, new email, change of name etc.
This helps us keep your information reliable and up to date.
Where to find out more
You can get more details on:
• how to find out what information we hold about you
• how to ask us to correct any mistakes
• agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information
• circumstances where we can pass on your personal information without telling you, for example to prevent and detect crime or produce anonymised statistics
• our instructions to personnel on how to collect, use and delete your personal information
• how we check the information we hold is accurate and up-to-date
• how to make a complaint.
For more information, please contact our Webmaster at: email@example.com.
When we ask you for information we will keep to the law, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues you can contact the Information Commissioner at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF, phone the helpline on 0303 123 1113 or send a fax to 01625 524510.