The September 2023 issue of Magna is now available from the Members’ area of the website.
Our new editorial team hopes you enjoy the wide range of articles in this issue:
- A brief consideration of the once unmanly sport of football
- Plan of the proposed English fort at Bombay, India 1665
- Lady Lisle: reluctant rebel?
- Empire of Information: Ireland and the Home Office1793-1803
- MI5 women spies during WW2
- Looted Art
- Keeping it clean
- Malden’s Home Guard
- The National Archives’ Library in Focus
- St Nazaire – The greatest raid of all
- A high-society Victorian divorce: Vivian vs Vivian 1869-71
- A Petition in relation to the Isle of Wight
- Floatplanes, flying boats and oceanic warfare 1939–1945
- Football boots advertisement
Also a new article has been added to the Articles section in the Members’ area. Tony Wakeford is continuing his series of articles linking records in his extensive collection with documents in The National Archives. The National Savings Movement: supporting the war effort in World War II includes the text of a recording by Marshall of the Air Force Lord Trenchard for a broadcast appeal.